Friday, January 22, 2010
Blogging with Teaching
When I start teaching a blog can be very useful in keeping parents involved in the classroom. I could post pictures with parents consent to show the different activities the students are doing. The other thing the blog would help create is an informal way for parents to talk to me and other parents. It could be fun to also have it be a student's responsibility to post what happened during the day at the end of the day or the next morning. This could help you as a teacher keep a good assessment on how your students' are doing with their grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Those are just a few things I could do with a blog while teaching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the thought of pictures, (with consent of course). I am a picture fanatic and I am sure that any parent would be thrilled to see a picture of their child having fun in the classroom.
I like your ideas about using blogs in the classroom. Especially the one about communicating with parents and having the students write about what they learned that day, on the blog. Nice Heidi!
Jess
Post a Comment