Pages

Michigan

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Walk

Every year Logan has their annual pumpkin walk. It is such a fun thing to go to because they have scenes made out of pumpkins that fit into themes. This year I decided to do it as a field trip for my Kindergarten class along with the first grade. So when I went with family I made sure to take all the pictures I could so I could do some other activities with my students later. Both of my trips were great and my kindergarteners surprised me at how smart they are. I had them each pick their favorite letter and they had to find something that started with that letter. Some got a little confused but they still found their letter....in writing and counted how many times they found it. Then one kid picked Y and he found Yoshi. I sure do love my job (on most days).
Here are the pictures of every scene. We went after we had a birthday party and a football game. It was a packed day and then we went out to eat after and stayed out later then we had ever planned....but I guess that happens when you have your big family with you. I wouldn't change it for anything else though. I love my big families.
Brian and the nieces and nephews rough housing

One group of nieces and nephews jumped on the school bus

Warm night we only needed our sweatshirts
 Here is where we get picture overload. Like I said every scene got a picture except the very last one because my camera died. Yep I hadn't charged in forever and it was low and lasted through the whole thing about. I was pretty darn impressed. Also just so you know the theme was "Let the Games Begin..."




Probably one of my favorite ones. Candy land































This one was super cute. It was about the game of life and adoption. They had some cute messages coming from the pumpkin people about the children's thoughts on their birth moms.










































This is my group of kindergarteners ready to enjoy the morning at the pumpkin walk and it was cold. We almost had to cancel because it started to rain really bad early that morning. But I am glad we didn't because the sun came out and we had a great time.

Next year I might do a scene with my class and the first grade at my school. We thought it could totally tie into our writing and would be such a fun project. We will have to look into it a little more but I am hoping we can really do it.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

We didn't make it to the pumpkin walk this year, so thanks for taking all those photos! It was great to see all the displays!