Friday, February 19, 2010
Google Docs
In Technology today we relearned how to use Word and were introduced to Google Docs. Google Docs is a great way to share your writings with a variety of people. This would allow me to have my students share their writing with peers from other classes, other states, other countries, and more. It is a great way to collaborate writing when discussing a book or different things that we can all look at or explore. Google Docs allows the students to see who wrote what and it keeps the document nice and clean. This is a great way to organize a collaborate writing. It can be very confusing when you first get started but once everything is set and ready to go it is pretty easy. This isn't something that will work very well for my grade that I would like to teach which is kindergarten but it is a great resource for other grades. It is great for introducing technology to the children at a young age and how technology connects you to so many different people. For me this would just be a great way to share ideas and information back and forth with fellow teachers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I had the same ideas! Great minds... :) I also have the same worries about my young students using this program but I think it will be a good way to at least introduce the concept of computers in an un intimidating way.
I agree and like your thinking! :) You could also use it to connect with parents on how their kids are doing in school. Google Docs first seemed a little confusing, but now it's a little bit easier to understand and work with.
I also think that this program would be better for older grades. I didn't really think about sharing information with teachers. That is a great way of doing it especially with lesson plans and things like that. Great idea.
I hadn't thought about how you could talk with fellow teachers through google docs. That is pure genius. I do, however, agree with having too young of students to introduce this kind of technology.
Post a Comment