Friday, February 5, 2010
YETC Resources
Today we got a tour of all the resources available to us students through the YETC. There are so many resources available through what Nathan has done. It is almost overwhelming. Some of the things I could use in teaching Kindergarten is the NASA teacher guides. This would make science so much more engaging especially since science is skipped a lot in Kindergarten. Then the website SpellingCity.com will make doing spelling test so much easier. This will provide more time to do different subjects since the children can take the spelling tests without being right next to them and reading the word to them. He showed us a lot of great resources for older students such as zotero and xmind. Xmind is a program I might be able to introduce in Kindergarten because it is showing how easy it is to make concept maps. Concepts maps can be used to organize anyone thoughts too no matter how old they are. I am going to look up Nathan's newsletters and see what other resources he has been able to find out from other teachers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I really want to look up his newsletters also! It would be nice if you could get them emailed to us every month. Then when we leave we can still get all his information! I agree that there is so much that I sometimes just don't know what to do with all the resources available. I am so glad that we have so much now though!
I loved spellingcity.com too. The zotero and Xmind were amazing as well. It was a lot of fun to see all of the cool sites we can use.
hmm, don't remember to much from kindergarten...what would you like your students to learn about space exploration? i think that could be very interesting
Post a Comment