Pages

Michigan

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Surprise!!


This weekend was full of surprises. I know I am blogging late but Monday sort of disappeared on me....in fact I still feel like today is Monday so I am on schedule with that feeling.
The weekend began for Brian and I in a really weird way....our lights wouldn't turn on. I got home from work to have a visit with my visiting teachers and we had no lights!! It was crazy but something happened with the power at our apartment complex where the breakers went a little crazy. Half of our house had electricity and the other half didn't. So we had to come up with our own fun instead of our original planned night. But shopping for food and a new vest worked for me! :)
 Saturday began early for us. We got up and got packed so that we could stay the night down at my parent's house. We then went out to breakfast at Ihop. Any of you who really know Brian know that he doesn't really enjoy breakfast and never goes out to eat for it so this was a treat for me. It was also us celebrating his birthday that is this week so it was really cheap.
After eating breakfast we hurried to Lee's to get some turkeys for my parents. It was a mad house and they had so many samples.....we had to try just a few of them. I then realized I forgot something at home so we had to head back. It was a quick little detour is all though. Finally we headed out of Logan toward Brigham. The first stop was at Brian's mom's house to visit with her and some of the nephews and nieces. It was a fun visit but since Brian had planned a surprise for me and a birthday present for him we had to be on our way pretty fast since we still had three frozen turkeys to drop off. Once we accomplished that we raced down to Salt Lake to be on time for.......

 DISNEY ON ICE!!!
 Now this might not be exciting to a lot of you but I have never been before so Brian surprised me by taking me to see it. I had a lot of fun and it was a great show. They had Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy. Plus Lion King, Little Mermaid, Lilo and Stitch, a little bit of Mary Poppins, and Peter Pan. It was a blast and I got to enjoy all the Disney music I love. Thanks again babe!!
 After we finished with Disney on Ice Brian and I went to the Gateway to walk around and waste some time since we had one more thing we had to do before we headed to dinner. We did a little window shopping is all. Got a few ideas for Christmas, dreamed about someday owning things, and just had fun like little kids by going into even Build a Bear.
 We then began to walk to Temple Square. It was fun walking around the stores where the mall use to be, especially the huge Desert Book. Has anyone been to Temple Square recently? Have you seen the digital info screens they have as you walk in? Those were really cool to play with for a while. Brian and I then had to hurry over to the conference center.
 We had to meet up with the family for Jan's surprise........Her proposal!! (Yes I know we lied to you about it but hey everything worked out like it was suppose to)
 The families all met up so that we could hold a banner asking Jan to marry Spencer. It was a lot of fun talking with Spencer's family and freezing while waiting for Jan to take her time getting from one place over to the other place. We did finally get her there though and had a fun time laughing with everyone about the great timing everything was with Spencer's plan.
 Those were the two surprises. One for me and one for Jan. A great fun weekend that ended with sugar cookies and picture swapping at our apartment.


Luckily we got most of our homework done the week before so we could truly enjoy the feel of a weekend.

1 comment:

Davis Valley Classic said...

Disney on Ice looks like so much fuN! I want to go someday! It was fun seeing you guys in the freezing cold on Saturday!