Pages

Michigan

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sledding

A while ago (aka the weekend I cut my hair), Jan and Spencer were coming up to Logan so that Jan could judge a gymnastic meet. While they were up here Jan wanted to do one thing.....GO SLEDDING!!
We had a crazy schedule we had to work around and so the best time to go was around 5/6 that night. Good thing old main has some great lights and stairs.
We got all bundled up and headed off to sled. On our first run down Jan scared us all to death when she took off, and didn't stop until she was out in the road. It was pretty crazy and we were lucky there were no cars coming at all. We didn't take pictures of the whole event but we got some as we got started. The sledding lasted for about five or six times then we were frozen and ready to go. (This was during Utah freeze week when we were lucky to hit 15 degrees during the day.)
We shared and had better success with steering on these sleds.

Jan and Spencer ready to go

This one was crazy. We couldn't see when taking the picture but we learned that you had to breath before or hold it until after the picture was done or you looked like this.
Since I am posting sledding pictures I figured I would add the pictures from our extreme Johnson style sledding here.
Going up, all crammed in the truck bed

Getting closer to our photographer

My sister and niece

Can start to see us coming

Brian and I, we didn't start out in the sled this way. Originally I was in front and Brian in back....then we hit the tree and put him in front so he could use his legs to try to steer us better.

Flying down to the driveway to meet back up with everyone.
I can't believe it is February tomorrow but I am super happy to have winter over. This winter has been crazy and I have gotten in a lot of snow activities and just need to get in a few more then the snow can disappear. I will be doing one of these activities tomorrow. I am hoping we have some good snow.
Happy End of January!!!

No comments: