Georgetown was a great place to call home for the summer. We got to relax, go on walks, hike, explore, and just enjoy time together. Since we have been back it has been bittersweet for us. We still think about lots of the things that we miss about our little hometown for the summer.
I know that I really miss the character of the town. All the houses were built in the 1800s and were so unique and different. It was a joy to walk by these homes everyday.
 |
| This was by far our favorite house. |
I also miss the history of the town. The main part of town was out of a history book and we got to read plaques every where about the first buildings in town like the firehouse below.
 |
| My second favorite house that was right on the river. |
I miss walking anywhere in town and being right next to the stream. This sound is so soothing. Plus it was beautiful. Pictures just don't do justice.
I miss the walk I took several times a week into town. It was right next to the river and was on nature paths. It was such a joy to walk into town for whatever reason. I had to walk to town to check the mail, buy anything we needed for that night, or to get change to do laundry.
 |
| The nature trail |
I miss the views too. We were in valley right in between mountains and had mountains right outside both of our doors.
 |
| View from the front of our place |
 |
| View of the back of our place |
Plus the lakes were so pretty and a great place to walk around. The fish would jump and people were friendly and always around.
 |
| View down the road |
 |
| Laundry room area |
 |
| The mountainside |
The last week there we decided to go and enjoy the restaurant that had been recommended and get some pizza. The restaurant was the old train depot of the town. The atmosphere was fun since they had an electric train going around the ceiling of the place. We got some yummy chips and salsa to enjoy while waiting for our BBQ pizza. Sadly and gratefully we choose to save this place for last. Sadly because it was really good and would have been fun to try again but gratefully we did it last so we won't want to go lots of times due to its prime location to us.
It was pouring rain and was pretty cool the whole 2 weeks before we left. We wore jackets everywhere the last few days and I was craving some yummy hot chocolate. It was definitely fall weather. I totally miss this since we came home and have been in the 90s the whole time. I would love some Colorado thunder storms and rain right about now.
Colorado has been missed as we have been adjusting to everything here at home that we now need to do. But we are happy to be home and starting on the last year of school for Brian. We can't wait to be done and see what new adventures are in store for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment