*****Warning: LOTS & LOTS of Pictures*****
We didn't know if our baby was a boy or girl through the whole pregnancy. So we were anxiously awaiting the birth of our little one. I had contractions on and off, regular and irregular from about 36 weeks. Both of my sisters who have had babies have come at about 37/38 weeks so I was feeling like it was looking like I would also come early.....but my cervix never dilated. I was soft and ready for action and nothing....week after week, contractions after contractions. So my due date came June 1st and I was still pregnant and still not dilated. My doctor was leaving town for a week on June 7th so we had 2 options: wait for our baby to come on its own possible while the doctor was gone or be induced if still pregnant when he returned or be induced before he left. I was getting no sleep at this point, was tired of having contractions do nothing, and super nervous to have my doctor gone and have something happen......so we decided to get induced before our doctor left town. He looked at his schedule and called the hospital. The day was set go in the night of June 3rd and get things going. So with everything planned we packed for a couple extra days, got things in the car, prepped the house, and on June 3rd we were ready to go as soon as Brian got home.
We left our house, hit traffic, and got to the hospital at 7. Checked in through the emergency room (Davis Hospital policy after 6), and went up to our room for the next uncertain time frame until our baby came.
 |
| Last bump picture in the hospital parking lot |
 |
| I was super nervous!! I had never been admitted to a hospital before, never had an iv, only worn a hospital gown once before....nerves got the better of me for sure. |
 |
| Hospital gown on and we are ready to get this show going. |
Brian ran and got Zupas for me as my last meal since I couldn't eat anything after 9 pm!! Then the medicine started, I got my sleeping pill, and I went to sleep. They gave me cervidil (?) to get the contractions going constantly. I got the "BIG" pill first (it was one of the smallest pills I have taken and just got smaller). They woke me up to take the pills every couple hours.
 |
| Time to sleep, we have a big day tomorrow!! |
The next morning I woke up and was dilated 2 cm. My doctor came and checked me and broke my water. We then started pitocin. By 9 am, I was 3 cm dilated. They had upped the pitocin to a 10 or 12 (I don't remember now). The contractions were coming hard and fast. They were lasting a minute or so and were one right after another. I had no pain medicine at this point and was nervous about getting stuck due to not being able to relax. I told Brian that I needed the pitocin turned down. I got up and went to the bathroom and when I came out I had a new nurse ready to introduce herself. I told her I wanted to turn the pitocin down since it was only really suppose to be helping me get going. She asked about my birth plan (I didn't really have one just knowing how easily things can get changed), I told her to go as natural as possible and she offered to take the pitocin off and left me soak in the jet tub. I said YES!! So we monitored the baby some and then got off at 11 am. I was told I could have 30 minutes in the tub. I had several strong contractions in the tub but my body relaxed so fast! It felt amazing.
I got out, got redressed, and the nurse checked me I was 7 cm. She agreed to try it without the pitocin for a little bit. But after 30 minutes my body was trying to regress instead of progress. So we turned the pitocin on but she kept it on really low. Within another 30 to 40 minutes I was 8 cm, another 30 minutes I was at a 9. By this time they called the doctor and he was on his way. It was 1 pm. He got there shortly after 1 pm and I was almost a 10. He set up and then told me to start pushing. I pushed for a lot longer then I thought I would but the baby was in the wrong position and had the cord wrapped around its neck. My doctor turned the baby, and moved the cord. Then the baby's heart rate starting dropping so I had to get oxygen in between pushes. My doctor cut me and used the vacuum and out came our baby boy at 1:47 pm on June 4th!! I couldn't believe how fast it went. (Funny little side note: when we first told my parents we were pregnant and due June 1st my dad said oh you are going to have the 1st grandson on my birthday huh? His birthday is June 25th, I said I don't know if it is a boy or not but maybe it will come on your anniversary June 4th. We had this conversation several times after too and what do you know it happened. We also found out that this is the same day Brian's parents were married.)



 |
| Best coach and motivator around! |
 |
| I had almost straight back labor. Brian did a great job rubbing when it was really strong with a tennis ball, it really helped along with my rice bag. |
 |
| Unsure on exactly where to cut the cord.... |
We had visitors there a lot faster then we expected so we didn't have a chance to really decide on a name just Brian and I until that night/next morning. So after thinking about it and letting 2 names float around we finally found the name that fit for us and named him Denvic Rian. Denvic is the combined names of Dean, Brian's dad, and Victor, Brian's grandpa. Rian is Brian without the B.
We sure love our little guy!!
Pictures of everyone meeting our little guy for the first time!! Lots of people were waiting to meet him and get to know him!
 |
| First diaper change |
 |
| The kids came the night before but didn't want to hold him......Then they wanted to so they came back to visit again. |
 |
| Brian's boss Brent and his wife |
 |
| Getting ready to go home |
We had the best nurses with labor for me and then the best nurse for Denvic. In fact she was so good we called her the baby whisper. We needed him to pee so we could get released and it wasn't looking like he would. They wanted me to supplement which made no sense since he had latched on and sucked for over 25 minutes. Luckily she came back on shift and within 20 minutes had a diaper full of pee for us. She was amazing!!
 |
| All ready to go home |
 |
| Grandpa Victor was the happiest to meet and hold this little one |
 |
| My cousin came to see us the first day home. |
The first week we were home we made sure to get over to see Brian's coworkers. They were asking about me and the baby every day for about a month. They were so excited to get to know it was a boy and to get to meet Denvic.
 |
| Due to sickness this was Cristy's first time finally getting to hold our little guy |
 |
| I had this all ready to take the last belly picture with and then Brian got off work late and we ran out the door to get to the hospital on time (we were still late). |
No comments:
Post a Comment