Pages

Michigan

Monday, March 8, 2010

Crazy Weeekend...but so much learned

This weekend started out on a crazy note. Brian discovered a problem with our car's muffler. It is in the shop and will be fixed soon. Not too bad. Then my sister-in-law had little Abigail Jolene early. She ended up bleeding and had to go to the hospital to get induced. Turns out we are luck to have this little girl since she had the cord wrapped around her multiple times and had lack of circulation for a while before she was delivered. However she is fine and mommy is starting to heal after losing a lot of blood and almost getting a blood transfusion. Now you might be asking why did this make our weekend crazy and have me learn so much. It all had to do with the birth of my new niece. My brother and sister-in-law weren't prepared for the baby at their house. She was only about two to three weeks early but they still didn't have much ready. So my family all got together and made things happen. We cleaned their whole apartment from top to bottom and inside-out. It was a lot of work to do but we knew it needed to be done in order to allow my sister-in-law the rest she needed to continue healing. After cleaning and shopping for them for twelve straight hours I was exhausted. It was such a long day and totally drained me. This whole thing made me realize what an amazing family I have. To have all of us rally together and to help out my brother in his time of need was pretty amazing. I also realized how blessed I am to have been taught so many things about cleaning, organizing, and being prepared from my mom and dad. I know that I am not having a baby anytime soon but I know how much goes into having to prepare for one and just how much work it takes to be prepared for anything. It is truly amazing to see this new little baby and realize just how dependent she is on everyone around her. I am proud to know that Brian and I helped her begin this life in such a blessed, clean, and loving way.

No comments: