Thursday, March 4, 2010
Sick of having all School Posts....So about US!!
So let's quickly go back to the beginning of our courtship and to where we are today. Then I can start adding posts more about what is going on without having it seem so vaguely placed on the blog. Brian and I both worked at Convergy's back in 2007. Brian had just moved from Weber up to USU and I had just graduated and was attending my first year at USU. We met according to Brian in September but I don't really recall too much. I can vaguely think of being introduced to him because I knew who he was later on, I just can't really recall meeting him. Anyway, we both knew of each other through a mutual friend BJ or Beth. But we never really started to get to know each other until December. The first interaction I can remember having with Brian is when I was on crutches. I had sprained my ankle to a level 2 sprain while sledding with my sisters. Or at least I had attempted to go sledding I hurt myself on the first ride. So I had gotten put on crutches and was attempting to hobble around campus and work. Brian and I rode the Stadium bus (USU school bus) down together one day. We talked for the ride and then said goodbye. Later at work that night we finally had our first team meeting since our team lead had been out with a serious injury and we found out we were on the same team. The team lead let me off a little early so I could make my way down to the room before the others left me behind. While waiting for our team lead I had several people ask me what happened to my foot. Before I could even answer Brian said he thought I looked beautiful and wanted to get my attention and had kicked me. It was the first flirt of many flirts to come. We began talking to each other every day at work, sitting by each other, and passing notes over the walls of our cubicles. (The notes was probably one of my favorite things we did. It was so cute and elementary like. :) ) Anyway after several attempts from me to have him ask me out, I have to give the credit to his sister Jan who met me at our work party at the Fun Park when we got a whole group of us together to play. Brian I guess was in a friend relationship which Jan told him to get out of and to ask me out because she liked me. So he did. We finally went out on our first date December 29, 2007. Brian took me to the Mandarin Garden, a Chinese restaurant in Logan and to the Aggie basketball game. He says he knew something could come of our relationship after we barely talked through the game since we both were really into how our team was doing. After the game Brian didn't want to take me home so he drove really slowly all the way to Richmond and past. We took a tour of a few towns in Idaho and Cornish before we ended at a church in Richmond. We talked until three in the morning, he then took me home, and we went to bed. I had a missionary farewell the next morning for a guy I had been dating up to that point. We said our goodbyes and I went to Brian's apartment to watch the movie "Amazing Grace". We began dating that night. I got to experience many "firsts" with Brian including going to Vegas, a professional sporting event, and so many more to even try to name. We dated for eight months before we had too many people pushing us to get married and we knew it wasn't right at that time. So we decided it was time for a break. We became each others best friend for four months. We then got back together. Brian purposed to me the end of March in 2009. We began planning a wedding. We got married on 7-11-2009 in the Ogden temple (which won't even look the same in about two years) and have been living very well since and continue to help each other experience "firsts". :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment