Friday, March 12, 2010
Webquests
We learned about webquests today. Putting it simply they are web pages designed to have your children do some research using only the sites you have already found for them to use. It is a great way to have children begin research papers. We will be making one as a group soon. Some topics that would be fun to use would be fine arts standard 3- students will develop an understanding of their environment or using social studies Standard 2-Studnets will recognize their roles and responsibilities of being a good citizen. Those are a few topics that I might want to explore to make a webquest about. This sounds like a really cool idea but we are going to learn how to fully use it next class period. Right after Spring Break that is! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Those both sound like great ideas with lots of information to unlock. I think these are cool ways to involve your students in learning and giving them the resources they need to perform objectives. I like the structure of webquests.
Those sound like great standards! What grade level were those for? I love these WebQuests because we give students freedom to research what they want, but we know they are going to safe websites!
I like that you went really far and found out some standards. It sounds like you are on a good start to having a good webquest. The webquest will be great to use after Spring Break!
so have you thought any more about what kind of activities you are going to incorporate into your webquest?
Post a Comment