So July started out big with Brian and I. We took the last day of June and headed to Seven Peaks water park with our Pass of all Passes. It was a lot of fun...except Brian got burned. :(
![]() |
| the kids were being silly on the ride down..all the other pictures are blurry and you can't tell what they are doing. We were laughing so hard the whole day. |
The sad part is he was in so much pain and my family had planned another water park trip to Cherry Hills for two days later. Luckily we did the best we could and after the day at Cherry Hills, he actually felt better (luckily he didn't get re-burned since everyone else in my family got burnt).
Friday was the beginning of our Independence Day celebrations. We started it nice and early at 12:23 AM by running up to the hill across from the Stadium to set out blankets and traps for our spot to watch the Freedom Firework show. We were really worried we wouldn't have enough room for everyone since we had about 25 people who were coming. Luckily though.....we had more then enough room and had a blast enjoying our time waiting for the show to begin with all of our family and friends. Since there were so many of us this year I didn't even attempt a group picture and just took a quick picture of the blanket I was sitting on.
Saturday was the Cherry Hills family get together. It was for all my family to get together for at least once this year, and to celebrate my brother Travis's birthday. We all had a blast and enjoyed being together. I took pictures of some of the gang on the lazy river but that was it since I was in the water for most of the day. After swimming we headed to my grandparents to have dinner and cake. I made the cake and made what is called the diet rainbow cake. I don't understand that part at all but I think it is delicious and so did everyone else since the two cakes were almost all gone by the time we left. The recipe is below, only difference is this time I just did red, white, and blue. (Sorry no pictures, I was in a running late in making it and then it disappeared too fast to really get a good picture.)
Diet Rainbow Cake
Ingredients
2 boxes white cake mix
24 oz of clear diet soda (2 cans, ginger ale and sprite work well)
gel food coloring
16 oz whipped topping
2 oz instant fat-free sugar-free pudding mix (2 smallish boxes)
Preparation
Mix the cake mix with the soda by itself or you can make it like the box says and just add the soda. It will be lumpy afterward. Again, you can use any white cake recipe you want, this is just how I do it. How I did it is one white 18 oz mix to one 12 oz can of soda.
Divide into 6 separate bowls. Try to make it even for all colors. But if you get more of one color you will be okay.
Stir color into each bowl with its own spoon. Put the first color into the pan, (in this case about 1 c) as close to the middle as you can. Drop in your first three colors, then work on the other pan with the last three colors. So if you're doing rainbow order, the first pan should have red, then orange, then yellow, and now the purple, blue and green go into the second pan. As a recap, this is so both layers are roughly the same size.
Bake the cake as instructed on the box. Check it when the box says to, but usually it'll need an extra 5 or 10 minutes because of the density of the soda method. Just keep baking, checking back every 5 minutes or so until a toothpick to the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before moving to a wire rack.
**With just the soda being added you really only need to cook for the time on the box I have found but just figure out what your oven does and will need.
Meanwhile, make your frosting. Just mix the pudding mix in with the whipped topping for a few minutes. Dye if you're into that.
Frost your fat-free cake with your fat-free whipped frosting. Eat.
For the actual Fourth of July, Brian and I didn't do so much. Brian had to work the whole weekend. So we just went to the parade in Hyrum with his sisters' families. Then we went home. Brian went to sleep and I got into my sister's car and headed to Rexburg with her and my cousin. My cousin, Jessica, had come up with my sister Celest on Friday. But she was unable to find a ride home so we spent six and half hours driving her home and coming back. I was a fun little trip but we were both sick of the car when we got back.
Overall Brian and I had a great weekend and enjoyed celebrating and partying all weekend. Now we are almost to this next weekend which will be filled almost just as much.
![]() |
| Brian is exhausted so ignore his weird smile. |









No comments:
Post a Comment