Pages

Michigan

Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend of Randomness

This weekend Brian and I checked a few things off our list of things to do....this one however was on the list for three years at least before it got checked off.
Anyway, our weekend began on Friday. I got work off and we spent the day with friends just having a good time. First we went to our friends house and had a BBQ. It was so much fun to catch up with them and hang out. We had a blast and enjoyed just relaxing. After the BBQ Brian and I went home and both took a nap. Aww....I love when we have time to do that. After our nap, we called up Scott, Brian's brother to see if he wanted to come and play. He wanted to go see the movie Captain America. So after looking at the different theaters we picked the time that was going to work best, then went out to Costa Vida. Brian and I love their sweet pork nachos. Captain America was a pretty good movie but if you are going to see a movie in 3D (we weren't originally planning on seeing it this way) make sure you are seeing it on a digital screen and not the 3D film. It really does have a poorer quality to it.
The next morning Brian and I were up bright and early, then headed straight down to my parent's house to haul hay. This is our third time hauling hay this year and these bales were heavy!!!! But we got it down pretty quick and the barn is totally full. I can't believe we helped haul almost every bale in the barn as we started all the way at the back and now have almost no room for any more.
After hauling hay my family headed to Smith and Edwards to look for something for my brother. Since we were so close to the pick-a-part yard Brian and I headed there. Our new purple car has no emblem in the front, so we decided to go look for one. We found only one there and....it is a little bit too big for our car. We might try to jimmy-rig it though so we will see.
walking around the pick-a-part area

Since we were down at my parent's house and it was National Cheesecake day, Brian decided to finally take me to the Cheesecake Factory. It is something he promised me three years ago....and it now has been fulfilled. It was really good too! We were so full that we didn't want anything else to eat the whole night.
Brian had original cheesecake with Strawberries

I had Reese's Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake.
My parents took us to the movie 17 Miracles though when we got back and we snacked on some popcorn then. This movie is a really good movie. I love learning more about the Pioneers and what things they went through and were blessed with. This movie is great and Brian and I both highly recommend you go see it if you get a chance. It is all about the Willie-Martin handcart company.
AND that was our weekend. A lot of random fun things were done but we had a blast doing them. Now on to this weekend and Park City. Can't wait to cheer on the soccer players and enjoy another quick get away.

No comments: