Pages

Michigan

Monday, October 24, 2011

Run, Run, Run it's the weekend

That is how every weekend feels to me lately. I never seem to get a moment to sit down and just relax. But I think that is okay because I will soon have huge breaks off of school with Thanksgiving and Christmas that I think I might get bored (now that I say that I will be busy then too...).
It was UEA weekend for me which means I got a four day weekend that started on an early out Wednesday. Brian and I headed straight to Brigham City after I got off work on Wednesday. We checked up on Brian's grandpa who hasn't been feeling the best. As of Sunday he is almost totally feeling better. We then headed out to Brian's sister's house to help her out. Once we finished we headed to my parent's house to sleep. The next day Brian headed off to Salt Lake while Liz and I got in the car to head to my Grandparent's house. My grandma had asked for some help in cleaning her basement. We thought this meant just some dusting and cleaning of the bathroom but it turned into rearranging the rooms since some of the furniture wasn't where my grandpa or grandma wanted it to be anymore. So after some pretty crazy moving and cleaning we finished up by straightening up the upstairs and gathering as many apples as would fit into my sister's car. That is because it was APPLE weekend for my family. We got all the apples to my parent's house, got the car unloaded, got a few things out of the chicken coop, and proceeded to make homemade apple juice. This was the first of several loads. Once we finished the amount we were going to do for the night, I headed out to Brian's sister's while my sister headed out for a date. We met back up at home a few hours later and both went to bed. We were tired from our long day. The next morning I got up super early to head down to Sandy. I am required to go to at least one of the UEA meetings so I went on the free day. It was a great learning experience just a way long day.
Cool turtle I saw at UEA, It was huge!!
After the conference I got back to my parent's house and helped finish up applesauce. I then went to bed knowing the morning was coming early and it was time to finish up the apple juice. Which is exactly what we did. I didn't take a single picture because I was just wanting to get done. Once the apples were done Brian and I once again headed out to his sister's house. Except it was to find the exact thing I have been looking for for months, scrabble tiles. I am so excited for what I am going to make with them that my mind is spinning. After that Brian and I went to the heart breaker of a game for USU. Maybe our football team really is cursed......not sure about that though. After the game Brian and I headed out to visit with his sister and her family before all the family showed up for Dillon's birthday party. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed seeing everyone. And since our family is all about TRADITION ;) we had to make a trip to the pumpkin walk.
Pigs from Angry Birds

Birds from Angry Birds

USU vs Mountain Crest

One view of Candy Land

Another view of Candy Land

Tangled

Bambi

Magical Elves making a jack-o-lantern


After the pumpkin walk, Brian and I had Jan and Spencer over so we decided to crave our own jack-o-lanterns. Brian isn't into this too much but he actually helped make ours this year and it turned out way cute.


Our cute smiling pumpkin. We were all exhausted after we finished so we went to bed. Sunday was actually a lazy day for Brian and I compared to every other day this weekend so that was nice. We even got to have some yummy homemade tapioca from my parent's house and watch a movie. Now on with the busy week....luckily the first busiest day of Monday is almost over, half an hour more till it is time to go home.

No comments: