Pages

Michigan

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Student Teaching/Internship

The internship/student teaching is going great. I had a few bumps that I hit but things have been taken care of and I am enjoying it so much.....I just feel like I only work all the time. I am at the school from 8 to 4 then at my other school from 4 to 8:30 or around that. The days are exhausting but I am learning a lot. I am in Kindergarten in case some of you forgot so I get to change stuff up a lot. This past little bit we had a bug lab in our classroom and the children loved it. They brought in bugs galore for about two weeks. It was like raining bugs but we had some cool experiences with them.
One boy brought in two caterpillars. The fuzzy black and orange ones and they both built cocoons. I have never seen them do this before and it was cool because one of them built his cocoon during the time that I was teaching the children about the life cycle of a butterfly and the difference between butterflies and moths. It was a great tool to use.
We also had a little boy bring in a bug he found up the canyon and the bug scared me to death. I never would have touched the bug if I had seen it. It was huge. The boy brought it in on the day we were going to the bug lab at USU so we took it with us to find out what it was. Turned out the boy had caught himself a HUGE Mormon Cricket. It was a female which is why is was scary, the stringer looking thing off the back of it was the shovel used to place the eggs in the ground. What a relief to know it was a normal bug just over sized.
I took a picture of the cricket. It is bigger than you think since it was like five times the size of a big grasshopper. SO take that into account looking at these pictures.

I am loving everything I am doing I just wish I had more time in a day to clean the apartment, to exercise, and to sit back and relax. UEA is coming soon though then the rest of the holidays follow so I can make it.

No comments: