Vetern's Day fell on a Sunday this year which worked out for Brian and I to go visit his Grandpa Romer. We love visiting with this guy and even though we aren't doing it quite as weekly as we use to we have tried our best to make it as often as we can. So far I think he has seen us every week this month.
Vetern's day was especially fun because we got to hear how he got into the military, some great way stories, and some new ones even came out. Tammy and her family visited at the same time as us and it was fun getting the boys into Grandpa's stories by having him tell some of the funny ones.
I took some pictures of some of his war things and here they are:
 |
| He served in the Korean War |
 |
| This holds a lot of his military memorabilia |
 |
| The Indian at the top of this is the symbol his troop had for themselves. I guess they all had some picture that identified them as their unit. |
It has been a year full of blessings being able to visit Brian's grandpa like we have been able to. I can't believe how much we have learned and how much we have grown from this experience. Plus it is always fun to see how much of Brian he got from his Grandpa.
No comments:
Post a Comment