Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Bear Lake on a 3 day weekend
So this past weekend was pretty crazy but was so much fun. Brian and I really played hard. We began the weekend on Friday...since that is the day the weekend starts, right? So we headed down to a family party to find out what the gender is for Brian's brother's baby that they are in the process of possibly adopting. It is a girl. Although this comes with joy and a little apprehension we are very excited to be thinking of getting another niece. We then spent the night in Farmington in Brian's brother's new house. It is such a cute house you guys!! Thanks for letting us stay again. We had so much fun talking into the night and having our "sleep-over". We then got up early the next morning and headed to South Jordan for our friends' wedding. It was such a special experience going to their sealing and seeing how happy they are to be together. It was especially special to me since it is only the second sealing I have been to...since mine was the first. It brought back a lot of good memories. We then got to go and help set up the best luncheon I have been to. It was so causal and laid back which just allowed everyone to be able to smile and laugh and relax. Which is the thing I think you need most on your wedding day. We had to leave early so we weren't able to get to their reception since I had a family party going on at the same time that we tried to hurry back to. It was the Johnson's Annual Hot Dog Roast. My favorite get together of the whole year and we got there just as everyone decided to bail in fear of being rained on. :( Luckily I still got to hang out with my brothers and sisters which was still just as fun. Especially since I got to get out of my sister that one of the guys up at the Ranch in Jackson Hole with her isn't just a friend anymore and she is no longer a VL. That made the rest of the weekend fun in seeing how she told people a little here and a little there. By the time she left on Sunday when we were all up at Bear Lake chilling in the condo we had seen a picture of the guy and it got out to my mom. It was so funny how those that didn't know slowly came into the light after seeing his picture. Now I just need an update on what happens this week. Bear Lake is so much fun especially with family and no crowds! So we didn't get in the water because that would have been insane but we did go swimming in the condos swimming pool and had fun just taking a nice relaxing weekend. We got to spend time with both families and to just relax and enjoy the sun, the little we had, and each other. I took lots of pictures with the idea of posting them but I keep forgetting to bring my cable to work with me so I can upload them. I will try to do better after this next weekend since we have more going on this time. We will not be in Logan for most of the week so if you need to get in touch with us at our home you have today, tomorrow, and Thursday morning. Other than that our plans are in the air on where we will be exactly but it will be with family and friends somewhere in Utah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Holy busy crazy lady! I would be exhausted after a weekend like that! I'm glad you guys had fun! Did you get your swim suit from lime ricky? I got mine & I love it! I haven't swam in it yet, and I'm not used to wearing stuff like that since I had Parker, but I better get some good use out of that baby this summer! Anyway, I hope I see you soon!
Post a Comment