Three years ago today Brian and I had our first date. Pretty crazy to think about and realize. I sure do love my babe!! Thanks for the great 3 years of laughter, love, fun, and so many more things!!
Our story began in December 2007 when Brian first hit on me when I was on crutches from a sledding accident. We began hanging out by staying late at work to get extra hours and then going and doing things together in our group of friends who all stayed late. It was a great way to get to know each and begin a great friendship before dating.
Our first date was pretty amazing but it depends on which story you hear. Mine or Brian's. They are similar with just slightly different little details to embellish it. Maybe I will be able to get him to post his version after posting mine.
We began the date by getting my favorite food Chinese at the Mandrine Gardens in Logan. We then headed up to the USU basketball game. I can't remember the no name team we played but Brian can. We didn't talk much during the game since we were both enjoying the game so much. We did win but I couldn't tell you the score.
After the game we had no plans so Brian began the drive out to Richmond where I was living at the time with my sister. He drove way slow at least ten under the speed limit to allow us more time to talk and enjoy the end of the date. When we got to Richmond Brian sped up and past the road to my house and headed right out of Richmond.
We ended up in Idaho and then turned around. We then took a detour down to Cornish. Yeah most you have probably no idea where that little town is but it was an adventure. Then to save gas Brian went and parked in the church parking lot next to my house so we could talk. I know we talked about almost anything you could think of until three in the morning.
Brian nonchalantly took my hand sometime during our conversation (not really since I wouldn't place my hand in a spot where he could get it) and kissed me just before we left the parking lot to take me home.
The next morning I woke up early and went and sent the guy I had been seeing a little off on his mission and headed to Brian's apartment to watch "Amazing Grace".
We spent most of the next three days together with it being the holiday and enjoyed every minute of it. That was the beginning of our relationship. Although we have had some ups and downs we have enjoyed the growth we have gained and have enjoyed every day together.
Our dating was full of a ton of firsts for me since I hadn't done too many things before. I have a notebook full of the things we did together. I should probably write that in here for me.
We dated for almost sixteen months before we got engaged and then got married a week after our eighteen month mark of our first date. We will soon be celebrating 18 months of marriage.
What an amazing three years we have had together. I can't wait to continue having more adventures, more firsts, and more time to grow together. My life sure hasn't been the same since three years ago but it is only because it got better. I love you Brian!!
Three
Full
Years!!

























1 comment:
I'm happy that you and Brian found each other, and that you became part of our family! I remember the first time meeting you at our super bowl party and telling Brian "Way to go! She is cute!!!" Can't believe it has been 3 years! Just wait until it has been 5 years and you have two kids, then you will feel old like me ;-) You're having 2 kids in the next 2 years... right....???!!!
Post a Comment