Pages

Michigan

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Birthday Weekend

Since my birthday was filled we had to plan things for the weekend to make sure we had time to actually celebrated it. It began with my family all getting together to go to the Sky View football game. (High School football is really hard to watch after college football and not knowing anyone on the team.) My niece did the halftime show. It was fun to watch and support her. She had a ton of fun which is good since she was there all day. After the half time show Brian and I headed home.




The next morning I got up early and headed to campus. For my teaching degree I needed to take a test to get my math endorsement and then I need to take a test to get my level 2 license. I figured why not just get them both done and over with rather then take one, then the other another day. However, I only thought I would be up taking tests for 4 hours since each test was 2 hours long.....6 hours later I was walking out the door. I was pretty drained for the day if you can imagine.

Jan and Spencer texted Brian just before I called him and invited us out to lunch with them since they were on their way back from a quick drive to Bear Lake that hadn't turned out like they were hoping. We decided to join them and ended up at Maddox for a delicious lunch. (Thanks again for the invite!) Brian's work had given him two tickets for the U of U vs. BYU football game so we were headed to Provo for the football game right after we finished eating. We hit no traffic really which was good since I feel asleep for a quick nap on the way down.






The game was a lot of fun. I loved the people who we had sitting behind us, in front of us, and to the right of us...the left were weird people that were weird all night. But we had a lot of fun celebrating and cheering with the group of people we were by. The Utes won by a huge mark 54-10 which made it so that the stands were empty by the end of the fourth and I was tired. We hit little traffic on the way home since a lot of the BYU fans left before the fourth or during the beginning of the fourth.

The next day was Sunday. Brian and I slept in some, got our laundry done, went to church, visited Grandpa Romer (He talked about his favorite sports and why he liked them. I didn't know the guy loved archery and hunting so much. It was a great visit!!), then headed to Plain City for my birthday dinner with Brian's dad and mom. It was a great Sunday and they got me some of the cutest stuff. I will have to post pictures later since I still need to get the house cleaned and decorated before I take them.



Overall I had a great time celebrating my birthday and spending the time with family. We did end up missing a birthday party but we saw all the family later. Now on to having a good week. So far I have spent the whole time in the office at school doing assessments...but I have almost got them all done today!

No comments: