Pages

Michigan

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

SUPER Bowl

This year's Super Bowl was pretty SUPER!! At least the game was. I enjoyed only a few commercials but really enjoyed the food and cheering for the Giants with half of Brian's family while the other half cheered for the Patriots.
It began early as we all got to Dean and Lori's house early. Brian and I didn't want to miss the coin toss since America had chosen Heads for the free Papa John's pizza. We were hoping it would be that and get free pizza. In case you missed the coin toss, IT WAS HEADS!! So hopefully we can get our free pizza soon. We started out the night by filling up our plates with all the yummy food. I ate so much I don't know how I kept eating. Everything was soooo good!! I should have taken a picture of our food table but I never did.

Every year the Super Bowl and Dean's birthday get celebrated together. This year we thought long and hard about what to get Dean for his birthday and decided to give him and Lori a date night out with some Jazz tickets. We hope they enjoy the date!!
Grant and Avery spent the day playing anywhere and everywhere they could get

This was the family cheering for the Patriots (or so they said then Kira said later that she was a Giants fan so not sure)

We were cheering for the Giants!! They won too.
Overall the whole day was a lot of fun and really relaxing. They game went super fast and we were back home early. Thanks for letting us come Dean and Lori!
Now to just get over the cold that hit me later as I was getting ready for sleep. I think it is something one of my students gave me and I had too fun of a weekend to let it hit until it was over. Then it hit hard. I was out of it Monday and luckily feeling lots better by today. Hopefully it continues to improve quickly. It is hard to function as much as I need to with a cold.
P.S. Here are our favorite commercials from the game
Mine
Brian's
Brian loves these baby e trade commercials.

2 comments:

Davis Valley Classic said...

I liked those commercials too! I never said I was a Giant's fan, I just said Eli Mannings seemed more down to earth from the beginning of the night and it was to bug my Mike more than anything, haha. Not so much to be "on a side". But since I am in the picture with the Patriot fans, I will say that that is the "side" I was on :)
I agree, way too much yummy food!

Amber said...

Did you get your pizza? We got ours & it was sooo good!