Brian and I hardly ever go out for a holiday on the holiday or close to that holiday. We like to wait for the crowds to clear out and it to be an easier time. So this year for Valentine's day we went out for lunch to Olive Garden on Saturday a week ago. We got up Saturday morning went to get our taxes done, pick up a few things, buy some groceries, get some free books from Brian's work, and then went to lunch. It was perfect. We did the three for $12.95 deal they have going on. You get salad/soup and bread sticks, an entree, and then a dessert. It was so good. We even got to bring home the leftovers and enjoy them for dinner. After relaxing for the remainder of the evening, Brian and I started a movie we had picked up from Red Box. Just as we got the movie going Brian's aunt called. She had a play she was coming to up in Logan and was wondering what the weather was like. We had clear skies and it was fine. So she and her husband decided to try to make it to the play. They called us fifteen minutes before the play was to start to tell us Sardine was not good at all and they were not going to make it after all. Then they threw in a puncher.....would you guys like the tickets?? We had no idea what the play was called or if we would even like it but said why not. So we ran and got ready really fast and headed over to Ellen Eccles. We got there right after the play had begun. It was a Pickleville Playhouse play called Who Shot Juanito Bandito? I have never been to a Pickleville Playhouse play before so I was excited. Brian and I sat back to enjoy the show and ended up laughing through the whole play. It was so funny!!! Brian even said he thinks it was funnier then Brian Regan. During intermission we headed out to get a program and discovered this is a long series that has been going on for sometime. We were sad about that but it was funny to find out that I knew who was playing the piano and her husband was in the play as the sheriff. The reason why I didn't recognize that I knew her is because she was seven months pregnant. It was fun to watch the second half of the play after realizing that. After the play Brian and I felt bad his aunt and uncle had to miss that play. It was so good, but we were happy they had thought of us to enjoy the tickets. The weather had gotten really bad while we were in the play, so they should be happy they didn't come. Since we had a night out Brian and I decided to enjoy some ice cream after the play and got some yummy hot fudge sundaes. Overall, we had a great (Valentine's) Saturday!! It was exactly the kind of weekend Brian and I needed to get our spirits back up and to help us just unwind and relax. Only sad part I left the camera at home. :( I thought it was in my purse and ended up being in my other coat pocket from the night before. Boo!! So I just got pictures of the program and tickets.
P.S. Brian and I highly recommend any Juanito Bandito plays!! If they spin off (like it seemed they did) from what we saw, you will really enjoy them.
No comments:
Post a Comment