Pages

Michigan

Friday, July 11, 2014

5 Years!!!

Seriously, I can't believe it has been FIVE years since this day!!!
First stop after becoming Mr and Mrs


First time at the temple together on 7/7
We have been through so much these last five years. We both finished school, Brian went back to school for 2 Masters, I have now taught for 3 years, we have traveled to California like 4 times, Seattle, Maui, Oahu, gone to Bear Lake every summer, Jackson Hole twice, Arizona 2 or 3 times, Colorado where we lived for 3 months and probably more that I am not remembering/we went without each other. We lived in the same place for almost 5 years!! We just barely moved and are in limbo for the first time in our lives and I couldn't be happier!!!!
This has been one of the craziest adventures I have started but I am loving it all. Thanks for the great 5 years Brian!! I can't wait for another 5 and many many more after that! Love you!!!

This was our wedding song lyrics (just parts of it) and it so applies to how I really look back on our last five years together:

We were strangers, starting out on a journey
Never dreaming, what we'd have to go through
Now here we are, I'm suddenly standing
At the beginning with you
......
And life is a road that I wanna keep going
Love is a river, I wanna keep flowing
Life is a road, now and forever, wonderful journey
I'll be there when the world stops turning
I'll be there when the storm is through
In the end I wanna be standing
At the beginning with you
.......
We were strangers, on a crazy adventure
Never dreaming, how our dreams would come true
Now here we stand, unafraid of the future
At the beginning with you

Those parts I underlined really hit home with where we are and what happened these last two years. I never dreamed this was how things were going to work out but so far it has been the best part and some of the hardest times but I am ready for whatever our future will bring.
Happy Anniversary Brian!!!!!

No comments: