Pages

Michigan

Friday, July 18, 2014

Coming Home-Day7/8

I hate/love the end of vacations. I hate it because it is meaning back to the grind. But I love it because you get to come home and relax.......and plan for the next one. Day 7 we spent in the air. Due to the time difference we left early in the morning in Hawaii and landed late at night in Las Vegas. So a day was wasted and more slipped away from us when we got to the car only to discover the battery had died!! This was not ideal, luckily they offer free jump starts at this airport. So we had to wait in line with the other dead battery people until they could make it to us. We just sat around the car and goofed off. Once we had the car started and ready to go we were off. We made a stop at a German restaurant to get food. It was loud in the restaurant. It was exactly like Germany. Jan took some pictures but I don't have them right now so no pictures on the post. We then drove back to St. George and we all crashed!!! We got up slowly the next morning, we lingered a little bit in getting ready, then bit the bullet and packed up the car. We made a small detour to the Dixie Rock for a quick hike before heading home.










Then we went and found the old house there.



After that it was just one very long car ride back to Salt Lake and then for Brian and I back to our place. But it was a great trip that we were sad to see come to an end. We can't wait for our next adventure and if Brian gets his way it will be China.

No comments: