So I really should be doing some reading for my class that I have tomorrow and what am I found doing....blogging. That is right!! I am sick of homework already and have been wanting to write this post since Sunday. Wow does life get ahead of you sometimes.
This past weekend was a really fun one for us. It was suppose to begin on Friday with a hike up to Naomi Peak but I ended up working all day and then my parents called needing some help getting the hay hauled since it was looking like rain. So instead of hiking with Jan and Spencer we took them to their first hay hauling experience. I didn't get any pictures but they can now say they have hauled or "bucked" hay. (disclaimer: don't feel too bad for them these were some of the lightest bales I have hauled.) We then came back to Logan. Jan had lost a bet with Spencer so she had to make him some cookies. They decided to try some of his aunt's favorites, Ginger Snaps. I helped out a little while Brian got ready to go to work. The cookies actually turned out really good. It was also really fun to make them.
On Saturday after Jan got off work we decided we had a little time before the whole moving had to begin so we headed up Logan Canyon to Tony's Grove to hike to Naomi Peak. This isn't a nice quick easy hike either. So we had to book it up the hills and basically the whole mountain so that we could get back in time. We were still late in getting back too. Three hours worth of running and panting and having a lot of pain from those of us not in the best shape was worth the view at the top though.
 |
| Tony's Lake |
 |
| View looking one way |
 |
| Looking another way |
 |
| Third direction |
 |
| Looking straight forward. The wind was really cold. |
 |
| One the first peak enjoying the view and each other |
 |
| Sitting on the edge |
 |
| Literally |
 |
| How far down is it?? |
 |
| Our only attempted at a group shoot |
|
After we finished the hike we were all exhausted and just in time to have Jan move into her new place. I guess we were a little late for that though because it seems the other roommate beat her to the room and now they are fighting for territory. Sorry Jan but it was a fun hike.
Sunday Brian and I headed to my parents house to carpool to my cousin's farewell. Brian had to work that night so we left right after he got home at seven so he could get his maximum amount of sleep available. Which is why I didn't have time to post anything because as soon as we got back to Logan we found out a friend of ours was in town visiting so we went to see them. All in all it was a fun day though just really long for Brian and he was really tired.
But now school had started and we are both tired and feeling very stretched. I am looking forward to this 3 day weekend so I can end this week that has been dragging.
No comments:
Post a Comment