Pages

Michigan

Friday, September 3, 2010

One Week Down....

We made it through the first week of classes. I can't believe how long the week felt. Everyday just blurred into the next. I don't know how Brian and I are going to do it with the new job and me being in the preschool. But maybe we will get lucky and the weeks will begin to go by really fast.
So quick story....
I decided to participate in the blood battle this week and donate blood. I haven't donated in years and so I made an appointment for Brian and myself to quickly do it between my two classes. Well nothing went according to plan. Instead of getting in quickly with our appointment like we were suppose to, we ended up sitting in the line waiting for forty minutes. Then I got into the chair to begin and the girl missed my vein. She proceeded to dig around and then grabbed another person to try to help her. Only I think the first girl went through my vein. Anyway let's just say it was a painful ten to fifteen minutes as they dug around and let my arm relax. They then decided it wasn't going to work and asked if they could try the right arm. I was already missing my class at this point and figured go ahead and try. So they put me in a new chair and get me prepped all over again. But guess what....they missed again. I have never had a problem with people getting the needle into my veins. Never!! Even my right arm the one time I used it the lady got in it just didn't want to not clot and I wasn't able to finish donating. So I have a bruise on the left arm and some deep aches when I move it just right and a bump on the right arm. Luckily Brian made me feel better since they allowed him to do a donation of double red blood cells (so technically he donated twice....one for himself and one for me :) ) I still got the cool shirt and treats at the end plus a ton of sympathetic looks. It was a funny but very painful experience to add to the crazy whirlwind first week of school.

No comments: