Pages

Michigan

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Scott's Visit

Brian's brother Scott came out and visited us. He was our first visitor and we had a lot of fun showing him Empire, around our little town, and taking him to a Rockies game and Sam's No. 3. We had a lot of fun and hope he enjoyed every moment too. (although I know he didn't enjoy the drive home since he lost his wallet)
At the Energy Museum in Georgetown. They actually still use the machines to make energy and then showed lots of old things that use to be used.


Being sneaky and opening the trap door.......or at least pretending too since Scott really almost did



This sign was scary.

Brian and Scott in a vault. Brian is laughing because I went in and took a picture just as Scott touched the wire hanging from the light and he thought it had sparked since my camera flashed. Brian knew the truth and was dying and so was I but I got this picture and then we told Scott what happened.

Museum/actual plant

At the park on the way home in a log bench

At Jenny's place, Scott had a big knife

I got a three prong fork.

Brian had no cool/different silverware.

Scott's ribeye sandwich (or just a ribeye on a piece of bread)

Brian and I shared since we were getting shakes later.

Soccer orange face

After our shake Brian and I played tic-tac-toe. Then Scott and him did and he won one game in four moves.







Tipping a cow

We walked/hiked around the lake and found a beaver with a huge fish in its mouth. Plus we saw some people with two fish and one was HUGE

Bunny on the way home

 Saturday we headed to Denver on the Light Rail. We were running late because Brian left his wallet at home and we had to turn around a few minutes after we left. But we hurried and got our tickets to the Rockies game and then got on the bus. We had time to get a yummy lunch and we looked up some and found this one. It was featured on the Food Network and was super yummy.

 We all have our food. Scott got a California burger, I got a Chicken Fried Chicken Onion Ring Salad with Bacon, it was one of the best salads I have had (Brian tried some and agreed). It was the most unhealthy salad too. Brian got the Mexi-Burger which was full of flavor. It was a burger in a flour taco shell smothered in green chili sauce. We definitely recommend this restaurant if you are ever in Denver.

Go Rockies!!!!

After the game there was a concert by mercy one.


After the game and concert we walked back to the Light Rail, headed home, made dinner, relaxed and got ready for Sunday and then went to bed. We knew Scott had a long drive after church to go home and we wanted him well rested. Overall the visit was a lot of fun and we hope Scott enjoyed his trip out here to see us. Now we are planning the visit from my family. We will have a houseful this weekend and should have some fun pictures to show of the fun holiday weekend.

No comments: