Pages

Michigan

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Aggies vs BYU

If you live in Logan, Utah you know that any BYU game is pretty much a sellout. One because it is a rivalry and two because they are so many BYU fans here that only get the chance to go to a game when it is played in Logan, Utah.
The number one reason can cause problems for me since I still normally attend games as a "student" with an id off of Brian being a student and purchasing a spouse pass. This year I am at a new school and knew that there was no way I would be able to get in the long line (yeah all the way past Aggie Village this year) and get in. So when they offered passes to get in early, we all decided to try it out. Guess I am still doing fun student traditions even after I have graduated.
The way to get passes...........camp out on the quad and receive a wristband sometime between the hours of 12 and 6 AM. Ummm, kinda weird but became crazy talk when it decided to snow for the first time this year on the exact night we had to camp out. For the most part I wasn't cold but the noisy students did not make it easy to get a deep sleep. Luckily, we only had one false alarm and then got our wristbands around 4:40 AM after waiting in a long line. We then packed up our stuff as fast as we could and headed to a warm house. I was able to get 2 hours of deep sleep and it felt wonderful.
Sister and her hubby
In the tent and ready to sleep

The Quad was tent city

Spent the night to get this sucker and get good seats at the game since I was lucky to be able to get there by 4:20 PM (may sound early but they gave out 2,200 of these guys and we were let in starting at 4 PM, I never would have made it without this thing.)
 The game started out pretty back and forth. BYU got ahead of us by a field goal and then Chuckie went down. He got pulled for the rest of the game and now the rest of the season. Although, our backup did pretty good he just wasn't prepared for this to happen and we had limited resources. We sadly lost the game by quite a bit.

It was fun having Jan and Spencer with me at the game though. I got to sit by them and catch up some. Then I had lots of my family come up for their first (my parents) or one of several games. It was fun to sit with them at the end of the game after quite a few fans left since it was chilly.
The funny thing was everyone ended up at my place after the game. So everyone that went I was able to see and catch up with, that was the best part of the game. It was a lot of fun having so much family in town.

No comments: