Today was a unique day in technology. We got to go around the building and take pictures of different geometric shapes to create a book about them. I love taking pictures and playing with photoshop. So it was fun to be with a group and to play around with the pictures. We also learned about comic life which is so easy to use that a third grader could probably use it. This is a fun and easy way to include technology in your classroom and yet allow the children to be hands on with the things we are teaching them. I have planned on using photography in my classroom since I was first introduced to photography which has been my whole life. Photography can provide so much fun in a classroom. It can also be incorporated into so many different subject areas. Definitely something you can think about when it comes to having children be come a part of their education.

This is the cool comic page I made for fun with the pictures I took and the editing I did. Pretty cool huh?
4 comments:
I agree that younger students could use the comic book program. Just make sure they are careful with your cameras!
I think that young children would really benefit from something like this ... though as the teacher I would want to make a page of their pictures while they are not with me. I would get embarrassed if I had problems and they were there watching me. :P
I agree. The Comic Life is very child friendly. I have heard of teachers sending their kids around on this exact project and I have always thought it was a fun idea.
Yes, Yes, having them see that these concepts are everywhere in real life helps them solidify what they have learned even more. I think this activity was one of the best that we have done that was geared towards young children.,
Post a Comment