Thanksgiving was CRAZY this year for Brian and I. Good thing we both love to eat and can just take things as they come. Brian had to work the whole weekend in Salt Lake so that made for a lot of driving. We left our home on Wednesday for Brian to head down to Salt Lake. He worked Wednesday night then Thursday morning. After the morning shift on Thursday he headed to Kaysville to meet up with me and my family at my grandparents. Originally we weren't going to eat there but our Thanksgiving meal got moved to 5:30 and you can only go without eating for so long........SO we grab a small plate each and enjoyed our first Thanksgiving meal. After eating we headed to Corinne to see Brian's mom and sisters. It was a lot of fun catching up with them and spending some quality time out there. We weren't able to stay for too long though because we had to pick up some food from my parent's house to take with us to Plain City.
In Plain City we had our second Thanksgiving meal.....which was delicious. We then grabbed some pie and flew out the door to head to Wellsville to plan our Black Friday shopping. It is tradition that we go every year AND we have a pretty sweet system down. This year we had a little bit of a hiccup to those plans as the stores opened earlier then EVER and ALL AT THE SAME TIME! We only got stuck at Kohl's and no other store opened for four hours so we stood in line (some of us anyway) instead of getting a nap.
At five the rest of the store's opened. Brian had a football game on Black Friday so we only let him stay with us for the first few stores, then it was night time for him. This Black Friday was insane....especially Walmart but you never know where next year will lead Brian and I so we wanted to have the most memorable time we could and I think we accomplished that. We also hit a record time in and out of the store....how's four minutes?? Yeah, I didn't lie when I said we have a system down. After shopping the rest of the day was just exhausting for us. I helped my mom get Christmas out and ran a few errands that we were unable to do early in the morning due to different events, while Brian spent the day at his last home football game. Then Saturday and Sunday Brian worked and I chilled.
Saturday I did make a trip with my mom back down to my grandparents. My grandma was so sick on Thanksgiving that she couldn't even get out of bed. So when my cousin asked for some help in getting some family stories, my mom and I went to go visit with my grandma. I found out about some things about my grandpa's brothers that I don't really know and discovered that my grandma's side of the family has twins in it (identical and all of them have been boys....interesting huh?). Now my grandma is just surprised no one has had twins yet and thinks one of us granddaughters should have some....what do you say to that?
Overall, Thanksgiving break was fun for us....if not a bit lonely with being apart the whole time. But I got to sleep in and Brian earned a little more cash for us. Now we just have to find the time to set up a date to us that money on some us time.
No comments:
Post a Comment