...I had a mishap.
I was getting ready today and my wonderful friend
Yes my straightener that I have had since my junior year of high school decided not to turn on.
The on/off switched didn't want to stay in place to keep the light on.
If I held it it would turn on.
Solution? Tape the switch up in place. Guess what it worked.
So for now I still have a working five year old (or more I am not sure) straightener.
Good Old Revlon. I keep telling Brian I should get a new one but I don't want to spend the money to get a new one when this one is still doing the job I need everyday (or almost everyday). We will see how long the tape and switch decide to hold out.
Anyone else have an old straightener that still works and they still use??




4 comments:
Haha, you crack me up Heidi! You should spoil yourself and get a new one! I have had mine since around the time I met Mike, so about 5 years as well. It is a Chi, you should get one. They are a little pricey, but they last forever and you can curl your hair with it too. I bought mine with my before I was married money, I would probably have a hard time buying another one too! Lets pray mine works a while longer!
Are you guys coming on Sunday?
Hey Heidi. I have like THREE straighteners (two hand me downs...) If you want... you can just have one of mine... For serious. They're all fairly nice ones too. You can pick which one you want...
OMG! I totally had that straightener when I was in high school. It did not last that long for me! Lol. I buy the same straightener every 2 years. It's $50 but heats to 400*F, which I need for my massively thick hair. I don't dare try anything else now. I know what works. Even if it still dies on me every couple years.
I have actually been pretty lucky when it comes to straighteners. Blow dryers are disaster with me. I had one for the longest time that just went out so Michael's mom gave me one of hers and that didn't even last long. Luckily she gave me another that is so far so good!
Post a Comment