Pages

Michigan

Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Date

Brian can sometimes be a scrooge when it comes to Christmas but he went all out for me this weekend. We haven't been on a date in over a month and he then took me out on a pure Christmas date. We started Friday afternoon by going to the Festival of Trees. I love Christmas trees, not sure why but they are my favorite part of Christmas so I love looking at the trees decorated.
Added for Oly...we thought of you when we saw this tree. Had to get a picture.

Love M&Ms

Brian's Broncos

Charlie Brown and Snoopy


This was the biggest display I think.

Golf Tree

Such a cute and fun idea from the tees

UP gingerbread house

After the Festival of Tress we went and grabbed a subway sandwich and headed to Weber for the Forgotten Carols. Brian's family has the tradition of going every year. It is really good and helps to get us all in the Christmas mood....especially Brian since his favorite Christmas carol is a Forgotten Carol.
Here is the stage right before it started.
Then on Saturday Brian had to work in the morning, but I headed to our ward Christmas party and then to his parents house to make chocolates. It was all of us girls working on them and we had a blast. Although next time we make them I think we should decide on flavors before so we can have a little more variety. We mainly made maple and after getting several maple in a row I was all mapled out. It was like that was the only flavor I could pick from our bag we brought home. (No offense Kira but I am not a maple candy fan. Only maple donuts and syrup for me.)
Making the centers




Beginning to dip

Our messy hands

What the boys did

Chocolates to take home
After making the chocolates Jan and Spencer gave me a ride to Salt Lake so I could meet up with Brian. We got there shortly after he got off work. Brian and I then headed out to get dinner. We then went to Temple Square. We took a quick walk around to look at the lights and the nativities before heading to the Assembly Hall. My grandpa is in a singing group and was singing that night there. It was great to go listen to him sing again. I haven't been to one of his performances in years because he doesn't always announce them to the family. Once my gradnpa finished we met up with him to give him some quick hugs before he left. Brian and I left right after he did. We got to my parent's house to stay the night and helped put my nieces to bed so that my sister could pack up. They flew out the next morning.

These are the best pictures my camera would give me. Poor lighting. :(
I really enjoyed the weekend full of dates. Especially since I got to spend a lot of time with just Brian. It was more then I could have asked for and I sure am feeling the Christmas spirit now. Which is good since the children in both kindergarten classes have been bouncing off the walls this week with Christmas excitement.

1 comment:

Davis Valley Classic said...

Maple are the best!!! :-)
I felt like I kept getting vanilla every time, haha, we should have switched bags. Sounds like a fun weekend!