Pages

Michigan

Friday, January 27, 2012

Double Date

Brian has a friend from college named Sam. He has been friends with him ever since they roomed together. I was dating Brian at that time and became an unofficial roommate. The guys were all seriously like big brothers to me. Although we don't see Sam very often. We still try to have him come over to visit or get together once a semester.
Well, a couple Sundays ago he texted us and asked us if we could get together. So we figured out the time and place and met up. It was fun to catch up with him and have him catch up with us. (Plus we got to talk about another roommate that we had who is just making us laugh with his commitment fear.) Anyway, Brian had just started talking to one of his friend's from high school who just got back from her mission. She is living in Logan and just enjoying life. We thought these two friends of his could hit it off........so we set them up.
Only one problem!! College students have random job schedules. We only had two nights available to do it. The night of my family birthday dinner party or this past Tuesday. We let Sam choose. His choice was Tuesday. So I rearranged my schedule. Got work covered and we got the ball rolling.
Dinner and games was the plan.
And what a plan it turned out to be. Sam brought a delicious chicken casserole with a salad. We made some juice and provided cookies and ice cream for dessert. The night was full of talking about old times, learning new things about each other, and laughing really hard. We played qwitch, The Game of Things, and Would you Rather. Let's just say I ended up winning the 2 games you could keep score even when I was trying to not get any points I ended up guessing the right answer when I thought it was the wrong answer.
Overall, the night was a huge success in my book of having a great amount of fun and getting to know quite a bit about each other.
When they left though Brian and I chalked it up to at least all of us had a good night since we couldn't read either of the two friends and whether they had a fun night and liked each other. As we were getting ready for bed though we got a text. Sam had asked her out for another date and she agreed. We are so happy!! We don't care if all that happens is two dates. We just wanted to see our friends have a good night and maybe at least get each other back into the dating game.
I am just disappointed that I didn't at least pull out the camera once to take pictures. I seriously don't even think about it as much as I use to because I just want to sit back and relax. But I regret the lack of pictures the very next day. :( I really need to do better.

No comments: