Earlier today I was thinking about how hard it is to try to squeeze everything into a day. Friday is always a hard day for me. Brian is gone, I have the house to clean, things to pack and gather together, plus getting up to school on time, and today I added in treats for the faculty. I was really tired today after a night of very little sleep. After school I called my sister and as we talked we were telling each other about the different things that are going on and how hard it is. Then I read a couple of my friends' blogs and I was reminded of something very important.
EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN CHALLENGES!!!
I think we all have days, weeks, or even months where we struggle and feel like life sucks. We blame it on anything that is going on. I had a hard time a little while ago and now I just am having days that hit out of the blue. Brian also has these same things. It is great to know that we are all struggling with the same things just differently.
This was a great thing to remember today. I am blessed to have the life I have and the things that are going on. So I decided to write a little list of things I am thankful for today.
1. A husband who works hard for us.
2. A day full of laughs and experiences with the kindergarteners.
3. A family who always is willing to listen and talk.
4. Safely arriving everywhere today and on time.
5. Getting everything done on time. (This is a first!! I am never all packed and ready before leaving for school and today I was.)
That is a small quick list but just listing it helps me feel like today was even better then it felt and especially how I thought it would be. I hope the rest of the month and year will also be this way since Brian and I are in limbo of where we need to be and what we should do in the next few months. He is still applying like crazy to jobs and I am unsure what to do since my jobs all open up in March. Hopefully Brian has a job and I can apply where he is and not both of us applying all over the country.
No comments:
Post a Comment