Pages

Michigan

Monday, January 16, 2012

Human Rights Day??

I was told this past week at school that in the state of Utah in terms of Education there is no day called Martin Luther King Jr. Day. It is now officially called Human Rights day (or something like that) since we can't celebrate one person. (I don't really understand it.)
Although I am now confused on the name of the holiday, I still fully enjoyed spending this weekend with Brian and my family. Our weekend began out very normal as Brian worked and I headed to my weekend home. But there were a few fun things that happened. Number one being that I pretended to be my little sister to enter her into lots of drawings for free wedding stuff.
Yeah that is right my little sister is engaged, wedding is set for July 27th

There are a few pictures of her ring. So I pretended to be her since she was unable to get work off and go to the Bridal Fair herself. My mom and other sister went with me and we had a lot of fun laughing and enjoying ourselves (especially in the photo booth they had).
Number two Brian worked late on Saturday. So he came to meet up with me a lot later then normal and my family had a fun time teasing him about the Broncos game that he came home to. (They got pounded on.) But Brian took it in stride. Number three....we got to spend all of MONDAY together. (This never happens.) Since I didn't have school or work today, Brian took the day off too. We were able to sleep in, go grocery shopping, get a jamba juice, clean up our whole apartment, go out to lunch together (and invite a friend), make plans to set up two friends of ours for next Tuesday, watch a really funny movie, cuddle, get another jamba juice (we have some great coupons for right now) and get ready for the rest of the week together. It was a blast. The only sad part...it snowed! We had thought about going to Sandy for the Auto Expo but didn't feel like driving so far in the snowy weather. I think we had a great day up here and were able to really relax and just laugh. The perfect combination for us. I love relaxing holidays together.

No comments: