Pages

Michigan

Monday, January 16, 2012

Last Christmas Present

For the last two years or so I have been asking Brian if I could buy a pair of boots. Every year we have tried and without fail something has happened. The first year we found a pair for a great price online and the boots never showed up. It took us two months to finally get refunded and figure out what happened. In reality, we have no idea where the boots went but we were finally reimbursed. This is when I learned that a lot of the deliveries we were trying to get were going to our next door neighbors in Anderson apt #5. Then the next year I tried to get boots and got some for Christmas. I loved them!! I wore them every morning as I headed up to work out and on days that I really needed warm feet. The only sad part....the salt hated my material and ate away at it until all they did was soak up water and make it miserable to wear. So I was out of boots again. Leading us to this year. I began my Christmas shopping looking for boots (back in September) and couldn't find anything that was priced reasonable and flat (due to pain and swelling that comes with wearing heels). It was really frustrating. Until Pinterest entered. I was glancing around at different pins and saw some boots someone pinned. I clicked and was lead to urbanog.com. Best site to ever be lead to, I found so many cute boots for a reasonable price plus if someone went in with me I could get free shipping. So I began to ask people who I knew were looking for boots....only problem trying to get everyone together to find the boots and order them. Weeks went by and boots were never in the size I wanted or I was unable to get together with someone to order the boots together. Finally I was looking one day and saw two really cute boot designs. So I sent the pictures to Brian to see what he thought and which ones he liked best. He was at work in Salt Lake and asked his female co-workers what they thought. Next thing I knew they had talked him into letting me buy 2 pairs of boots. So I did!
The black pair

The tan pair
I have had them for a couple weeks and am loving them. They work great casually and dressed up. They got here really fast too. The company provides an easy website to follow and they are prompt I was impressed. The only drawback was how strong of a smell the tan ones had. It was pretty intense when I first pulled them out of the box but disappeared within two days completely. (It got faint after the first hour out of the box but stuck around slightly for the two days.)
Brian did a great job finding me some super cute boots. I love them and the shirts he got me for Christmas. (and Anniversary and Birthday....that is when we first started to look.)
Thanks again babe!! Love you.

No comments: