Pages

Michigan

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Festival of Trees

My absolute favorite part of Christmas is the lights, trees, and the feelings brought by the music. But I think trees are by far my favorite, I am not sure why. This is why I love going to the Festival of Trees. I know it isn't for everyone but it is mine and it was a great way to bring in the Christmas season and reminded me more of my grandma since she loved having her tree up. Every year we would go down on the first weekend of December to help her put up her tree. This year we went to her funeral. On the way to the Festival of Trees Brian and I went to my grandma's viewing and watched a great video of her life. It was a night to get my emotions and feelings under control.
Here are some of the pictures we took:
This was such a cute idea with the notes in the bottle and ocean themed

Dr. Seuss, my mom's birthday and always one of my favorites.

Cool concept.


Very creative



This picture was so precious. I was in love with it.

This was a picture of Santa looking at a Nativity and holding the baby Jesus.

Made from plastic bottles.

better view

Sports trees, the Rivals

Brian really liked this quote.

Finally found some USU


There really was a Christmas Tree inside there.




USU tree found. Brian matched.




Golf winter land. It was cute. It says Fore ever, Fore Always across the top

I love globes and maps and thought this was so cool and cute.

Made out of cans.

License plate ornaments pieced together to spell out words








The kids except Levi and Diesel they were also there but not out getting pictures done.

We decided to join them

Then got our own.
It was a fun night and I loved being able to get together with family. I was really glad we were able to do a Christmas activity this weekend since the funeral was also going on. It reminded me of so many things that my grandma loved. Plus it helped calm my emotions that had a crazy week. In fact, on our way to the festival of trees I had a very good cry in the car that let out my frustration of the week and my sadness at my grandma's passing. It was very cleansing.

No comments: