Pages

Michigan

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Potato Bowl

The Aggies made is to a bowl game and while Brian and I were trying to decide if we would be going or not, Brian's boss told him that he needed Brian to go up and be responsible for the helmet at the tailgate party. So we were given two tickets and were going. We got lucky again by having my cousin offer to let us stay with her when she found out we were coming up at my grandma's funeral. It turned into a free trip in a matter of days. We were pretty excited. The only problem was I couldn't leave work early. So we missed all the extra things on Friday night. The weather when we left definitely didn't help at all either. It started to snow like crazy just an hour before we were leaving and the roads in Logan were really bad. We got lucky though that we were ahead of the storm and left it behind really fast. The drive was really long and we were excited to finally get to Boise. Brian really wanted to pick a spot to eat that was a Boise only place so he pulled out his phone and found this place.
 You may have seen this place on the food network. They have a huge hamburger that you can get. It is one pound, if I remember right and is the size of a regular dinner plate. The guy behind us got it and we about died looking at it. So glad we didn't even think about attempting to eat it. I think I would have died.
 We got the Hawaiian burger to share with a 1/2 pound of fries. It was pretty good and we really enjoyed the meal.
The next day we got up, enjoyed some waffles made by my cousin, headed to the tailgate early to get the helmet set up. We had a hitch up when we realized we had forgotten to get out cash for parking. Luckily we were able to stop at a gas station and get some cash back. The tailgate party was fun. It was set up really nice with tons of balloons and lots of fans. They had a potato bar (of course since we were at the potato bowl) and of course some yummy Aggie ice cream.
 Here is our food. The potatoes were huge and we piled them high with lots of toppings.

 Here we are with the helmet right before we got ready to take it down. It was really cold in the morning but had warmed up just a little by this point. But it got cold again before the game really got too far in.
 The tailgate was almost three hours long and we had to be there from before it began through the whole time. So we spent some time relaxing in the stands enjoying some people watching. After we had hit all the fun things that were up there. See our tattoos, yep got those for free and enjoyed showing our Aggie pride.

 The famous potato for the bowl. I didn't know they had their own mascot but I guess they do. The lady with him was sooo cold. She couldn't stop dancing.
 This is right around half time when it stated to get cold and we had to bundle up to stay warm.

 Throughout most of the game we were only ahead by a touchdown. It was a super low scoring game until the fourth quarter. We had just intercepted the ball from them, made a run, and Williams fumbled the ball. Toldedo recovered it. Once we regained possession again Williams ran the ball all the way in for a touchdown in like two plays. He continued to do the same thing for the next couple possessions. It sure made it look like we dominated them with the score.
 Here are all the fans rushing the field. We were in a corner section and took our time getting down to the field so we got a quick picture.

 Gary accepting the trophy and talking to the fans.It is blurry because we were walking and I took it before I realized I had. But I was frozen at this point and didn't care to try to take another one. Plus I am short and was mostly blocked from view of him.
Here we are on the field freezing. It was a great game, we were happy to have had the opportunity to go and support the Aggies, but after this picture we quickly headed off the field, out to the parking lot, got into our car, and headed for home. We were ready to get warm and to get on the road since it was a long drive ahead of us. Sadly I was starting to get a cold and seriously crashed in the car. I slept the whole way home, twelve hours that night, and then took another nap the next day. Stupid cold/flu that finally hit me. Luckily I have an awesome husband who encouraged me to sleep so I could get feeling better. He got us home and helped me buy some things I needed right when we got back so I could work on them. I sure love this guy and all the memories we make together.

No comments: